International Funds Transfers and exchanges made easy.
Travelling should be easy, but sometimes organising finances overseas can be difficult.
That’s exactly why Bank First offers International Funds Transfers that can clear in as little as three business days.
- Transfers in over 100 currencies.
- Competitive exchange rates and;
- The right expertise to make sure you’re doing things right.
An incoming overseas deposit allows you to receive foreign currency into your account that is then converted into Australian dollars (AUD). Receiving foreign currency from an overseas account is easy. We can provide indicative incoming exchange rates and can accept up to 16 currencies.
Simply visit the American Express Portal, complete the online form and then send the information provided to your payment sender.
Some quick reminders:
- It is essential to include 'FFC Bank First (Full Name & Member Number)' in the payment notes.
- When sending funds in a foreign currency, please advise the sending Financial Institution that the transfer must remain in the same currency and NOT be converted. This can also be included in the ‘Payment Notes’. Bank First will arrange the conversion to AUD through our partners at American Express.
- American Express no longer facilitate International Payments received in Australian Dollars, transfers received in Australian Dollars will be rejected back to the sending Financial Institution.
- American Express accounts are currency specific, sending the incorrect currency to an account may result in automatic conversion or double conversion and the exchange rate may be subject to the discretion of the remitting or intermediary bank.2
Visit or call us a week or two before you leave and we can provide you with the foreign cash you require with a choice of over 60 currencies.3
Use your Cash Passport to pay in foreign currency when you are travelling overseas and for online purchases.
Securely send funds overseas by using a bank cheque in the required foreign currency, with over 16 currencies to choose from. Make the cheque payable to a recipient that allows them to deposit it into their account – you can order and we will make them available in five business days.
We’re here to help.
Terms and Conditions
1. This incentive offer is calculated per transfer, it is not cumulative, and is limited to three transactions per Member between 1 December 2021 and 28 February 2022. The transfer must be from a foreign currency into Australia in order to receive the incentive. Australian Dollar currency transfers are not included.
This offer is only open to American Express Financial Institution Member who complete an Incoming Telegraphic Transfer. The remitting party of the Member must complete an Incoming Telegraphic Transfer transaction equivalent to AUD1,000 or above from 1 December 2021 to 28 February 2022 to qualify to receive a Digital Gift Card. Complete a transaction between AUD1,000 and AUD1,999 to receive a $20 Digital Gift Card, complete a transaction between AUD2,000 and AUD4,999 to receive a $50 Digital Gift Card and complete a transaction equivalent to AUD5,000 or over to receive a $100 Digital Gift Card. A maximum of 3 transactions per Financial Institution Member will be eligible for the Digital Gift Card.
Please allow 4 weeks from 28 February 2022 for Digital Gift Cards to be forwarded to the email address listed on your Account. The Digital Gift Cards are managed by our third-party vendor, Edge Loyalty. Edge Loyalty will issue a voucher code which you must validate within 3 months in accordance with the instructions provided, following which you may redeem a Digital Gift Card from the list of retailers we select for participation. These currently include Caltex Woolworths, Rebel, Coles, Red Balloon, Kathmandu, Ticketmaster, Officeworks and Woolworths WISH and will be valid for 3 years. Digital Gift Cards issued by Edge Loyalty are subject to the terms and conditions of Edge Loyalty and the Digital Gift Card terms and conditions of the selected retailer as set out at the time of issue. The Digital Gift Card must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the person is unable to use the Digital Gift Card as stated. Digital Gift Cards including and unused portion are not replaceable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services or used to pay or offset any transactions with American Express FX International Payments.
The Digital Gift Card cannot be transferred to any other person. Please contact Edge Loyalty on 1300 737 968 or at email@example.com for further information.
This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the Financial Services Guide and consider the appropriateness of International Payments in relation to your individual requirements. For further information, please refer to the Telegraphic Transfers Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
2. This may result in foreign exchange loss.
3. Your foreign cash will be available for collection within 48 hours from our branches.